English as an Additional Language (EAL)
The PEI Public Library Service and the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada offer a Volunteer EAL Tutoring Program to help adult newcomers learn English. Through this program, learners may receive one-on-one tutoring or have the opportunity to join a conversation circle.
How do I become a Tutor?
Please contact the Confederation Centre Public Library at 368-4642 for more information.
Our commitment to volunteer tutors:
- Provide an in-class or online tutor training course - your choice
- Access to a range of training materials
- Professional development opportunities with other volunteers
Your commitment as a volunteer tutor:
- Complete the tutor training course
- Tutor an adult learner at least once a week for at least 6 months
- Keep track of your learner's progress
How do I register?
To volunteer as a tutor or to be matched with a tutor, please contact the PEI Association for Newcomers to Canada at 628-6009 ext. 230.